Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MTW6700TQ0. It is 10 years old. Code F50…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag MTW6700TQ0. It is 10 years old. Code F50 displayed. No spin cycle. Tub is free to spin my hand. Do I replace just the RPS or need to do the control board, too? Thanks, Gary

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old. Model MTW6700TQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That is my hope. I am reasonably mechanically adept.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

F50 code. Will not go inot spin cycle.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The RPS sensor gives an F51 error when it fails. If you're getting F50 that is a bad main control board in the upper back right corner of your washer under the control panel. You'll need to order and replace this control board to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

My concern is spending $300 on a control board for a 10 yr-old machine. Only a few problems over the years. I can buy a new one for $700-800 with a discount through employer. Your suggestion?

Hmm one second.

Looks like you can buy the part for $180 at Sears (they are going out of business so discounting prices quite a bit). I would probably just buy it from them. It's easy to swap out yourself.

CLICK HERE for control board

Thanks for the advice.

Not a problem and I wish you only the best.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc