Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Micro wave turn table or cooking mechanism not working.

Customer Question
Micro wave turn table...

Micro wave turn table or cooking mechanism not working. Display still on. Can set time and push start and time starts counting down but nothing else works. Already did soft and hard boot. What next?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

4 years old . GE model # CEB1590SS2SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Was working fine. Heated food for 5 min took out to stir, put back in and wouldn't work. No noises, arcing, or anything out of the ordinary

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Ok
Text is fine

The issue you're experiencing means that one of your 3 door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons. The outer shell of the microwave will need to be removed so you can access the switches from the right side of the unit. There are screws coming in from the right and left sides as well as the back around the right, left, and top edges. You'll need a T-20 safety torx bit to remove the star shaped screws. Either way, once you have the outer shell unscrewed, it pulls straight back, up, and off. Then you can test the switches with a multimeter to know what switch needs to be replaced. Below is a video on how to test the switches although access is different so ignore that part.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

CLICK HERE for video