Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does your service cost to assist with diagnosis of my…

What does your service cost...
What does your service cost to assist with diagnosis of my ge profile dishwasher?
3/16/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

To answer your questions on your appliance the cost of the question is $36.00

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is that a one time fee or a monthly subscription?

That would be dependent upon what you signed up for from the website that WE are using,

As a expert I never see you personal or billing information from the website that WE are using .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see where I can pay for a one time guaranteed fix for my dishwasher. All I see are monthly memberships. Do you know if that is possible?

Yes I do know that you can pay for just a one time question !

And can ask as many question on that particular appliance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like they already charged me $37 on my credit card. What information do you need from me to help me get my dishwasher going? Bought it on clearance from Lowe's on Sunday. Got it home and would not power on. bought a new power cord but still not getting power. Is there a safety switch or something I should look for?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a GE Profile Model PDF820sgj2bb

no safety switch other then the door switch .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do and I am limited on 120 expertise. I have it ready now.

Ok have you tested for voltage at the junction box where the line cord attaches to the dishwasher yet ?

If not let`s do that at this time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't. Let me check.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am familiar with dc but not ac. Where should I place my black and red leads to test for power and what setting should I have volt meter on?

set the meter on A/C volts place the black meter lead on the Black L1 wire and the red meter lead on the White Neutral wire looking for 120 volts A/C

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 120 at the barrel nuts going to the connector at the base of the dishwasher. My leads are too thick to fit into the connector, itself.

ok Great!

Now lets test for voltage on the lower (main control board ) testing the J701 connection Black to White also looking for 120 volts A/C

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the main control board located?

Right under the unit just to the left of the junction box!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do i need to disassemble something to see it? The only printed circuit board, that I see, is encased in a metal box.

yes it has a cover over it ,you will need to remove the cover!

The main control is item #750 in this parts break down .

https://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/G1709321-00002.png

The covers are 754 ,755 and the junction box is item 743

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where is j701 on the control board?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can only see j700

I can not tell you where it is located on the control board due to I`m looking at the wire diagram .

I can tell you it is a three wire plug that has a Black ,White and Green wire on it .

Or if all else fails follow the black wire from the junction box to the control board .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 120 at the control board and a small green led light is on, on the control board.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What's next?

ok good info!

So you are getting voltage to the control board .

And just to be 100% sure your saying that you get not lights on the control panel when your trying to select any cycle correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are no lights coming on, on the control panel. Only one small green led on control board.

ok just wanted to be 100% sure .

You have a bad main control board .

When you bought the unit did they give you a warranty on it ?

I ask because you said you bought in on clearance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have been told two different things. One Lowe's employee said I don't and the other said that I did?

Ok well I would find out , because the control board is almost $100.00

And most Clearance sales are AS IS !

Here is a link to the part so that you at least have it .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your help

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Please remember to rate me .

Thank you!

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech