Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just purchased a condo with GE refrigerator. I want to…

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a condo with GE refrigerator. I want to replace the water filter. The brand in there now is HDX and it says it is FMG-1. I cannot not seem to find that to replace, but there are lots of others. Do you know which one would be replace mine?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Let me look inside, but it would be 2005.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can give you the model number if that helps

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

GSS22WGPH WW

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

The filter you need is part number MWFP for GE. Now there are lots of manufactures that makes this filter, so you can order from any brand you like. Discount filter is probably the least expensive option at about $8 a filter. Below is a link if you wanted to order them.

CLICK HERE for filter replacement

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
no. I am not spending any more money. Just want the replacement part for my GE appliance water filter
thanks

Not a problem. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

You changed me $31. I was told it was $5 fully refundable.
I have reported the $31 charge to my Visa card as fraud