Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a whirlpool duet dryer Model # WED97HEDwW0 and my dryer…

Hey I have a...

Hey I have a whirlpool duet dryer Model # WED97HEDwW0 and my dryer will not start and has no power. I tought it was my thermal fuse but when I check it with multi meter it check out okay. What else could be the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dryer is 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model is WED97HEDW0

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I have taken the dryer apart change the thermal fuse to be on the safe side as well as the thermissor

3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the control panel still light up and allow you to select and change different cycles?

no it has no power

OK well the thermal fuse can't cut power to the control panel, it just cuts power to the motor and heater. If the panel won't even turn on, you need to test power to the terminal block on the back of your dryer. Make sure you're getting 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires and 110 volts when testing each outside wire to the center neutral wire. If that checks good, your front interface control board has just failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks