Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator, model #

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator, model # ED2VHEXTQO1. the auger in the ice bucket has stopped working. The auger motor works fine. The auger itself rotates about 1/4 turn then sticks. is it cost effective to replace just the auger assembly or should I just order a new ice bucket and assembly? I've watched a couple youtube videos on replacing the auger drum, but could not find one on this particular model and am not sure I want to mess with it myself... too many moving parts for me to mess up. Advice?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 8 years old. model # ED2VHEXTQO1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure yet. want to get options.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I have. willing to have service tech come out if the job is too big.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are so many different parts on these buckets that the best thing to do is take the bucket apart and look at the metal blades and such in the head of the bucket. If you can visibly see what is wrong or bent, bend it back or replace the individual part. Otherwise, by time you order and replace the auger and all the blades, it'll cost far more than the entire bucket so I'd just order the entire bucket for about $120 on Amazon. Below is a link to the bucket for your model.

CLICK HERE for bucket

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The auger in this bucket is plastic, so I don't know what would be bent... something in the drum probably. I think I'll just order the new bucket. Thank you!

The auger is plastic but it connects to the metal crushing blades and such in the front head of the bucket. That is the part that jams in the front of the bucket head.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Gotcha. Thanks!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc