Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosh washer, error code comes up er 17, where is…

I have a Bosh...

I have a Bosh washer, error code comes up er 17, where is the Aquastop valve located?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 5 years. Bosch E-NoWAS2446OUC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did have a leak, I repaired it.The parts lists that I find online don't show where this valve is.

3/16/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks jor using JA. I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your aquastop question. I'm just pulling up the parts list and I'll be right with you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to get back to work. Can you just e-mail me the answer?

Yeh sure. It's proving difficult to find so I may have to phone bosch anyway

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

It's normally located in the fill hose itself. Does your hose lock anything like this

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/00646221

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think so. But how dose that sence water in the bottom of the washer when there is a leak?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That hose looks like it has a valve in it to shut off the water if a hose breaks.

It doesn't it controls the flow of water into the machine. Your error code means that your machine is not detecting that it is filling with water. When you get home try disconnecting the fill hose from the machine put it in a bucket and turn the water on to see if water passes through.

Thatis exactly what it does if too much water passes it shuts off to prevent a flood

If the hose doesn't pass water through it it will need replacing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But the machine fills with water, runs and then runs a little bit before the error code comes up. The code states that there is water leaking in the bottom of the cabinet.

The thing they fit to detect an actual leak in the base is a polystyrene float that sits in the base of your machine and raises when it leaks tripping a microswitch. If the hose is passing water ok and there are no internal leaks check the height of the drain hose and ensure its not syphoning water that can give the machine the impression it is leaking as the pressure switch picks up a change in water level

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, will do. I think they should re-word the error code because "Aqua float switch" is the wrong term and is confusing.

The wording gets much worse for other brands. Let me know how you get on later

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will let you know. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey Gavin. Found problem. A hose fell off of a micro switch on upper right side of washer. Works good now. There was no Aqua sensor on bottom on this model. Thanks again for your help.
Ed
Great thanks for letting me know
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Gavin
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician