Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore elite Smartwash--quick pak 9 HE 4 t. I

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore elite Smartwash--quick pak 9 HE 4 t

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know how old it is and where can I find the model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes it keeps showing F 06

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately F06 is a bad error. F06 means that your motor control board (MCU) is not communicating with the motor properly or the central control unit (CCU). The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to replace the MCU which is about $300 typically depending on the exact model number located just inside the door way. The model will start with 110 . XXXXXXXXX.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.