Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Electrolux front loader washing machine EWF1282…

HI, I have an...

HI, I have an Electrolux front loader washing machine EWF1282 that won't drain. It ended its cycle before draining and i tried to just put it on the drain cycle then the spin cycle then tried every other cycle and it just displays the drain symbol and 0.01 min then starts and stops

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has just started, my mother has just started using it and I'm not sure if she has pressed some random buttons or something - I have cleaned the pump etc and nothing much was in there

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is as though it hasnt finished the drain function from its cycle so wont let you start a new cycle until it has done so but I dont know how to "trick" the machine into thinking the cycle has completed and drained so I can start a completely new wash

3/16/2018
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, thanks for choosing JA I’m Gavin and I’ll be helping you with your washer today
Since draining the water off have you tried another cycle?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
each and every cycle
Thank you. It sounds like you’ve most likely got a blockage or a faulty pump. I’ll run through a few test with you so we can diagnose correctly
When you drained the water down we’re you able to see the impeller of the pump
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've just tried turning the machine off and pressing the pause button and the button next to it then turning the machine back on and lots of different symbols etc came up along with er24, then I moved the program dial around slowly to each program until I got back to zero. I've just started a quick cycle which seems to have started ok and is in 5 mins in and going along ok so far so fingers crossed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you tell me what the error 24 relates to please?
E24 is a fault in sensing the drain pump circuit. This could be caused by a faulty control board, faulty pump or damaged wiring.
If it’s 5 minutes in you most likely won’t get a fault until it needs to drain.
Keep an eye on it and let me know how you get on and I can help you from there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only washed one item which still seemed a little wet after the quick wash cycle but from memory the items always come out a little wetter after the 14min wash. I have just put a few items in on a cotton wash but reduce the time to 55 mins - the cycle has started ok which it wouldn't do earlier and the drain symbol has gone away so I'll find out whether this cycle is going to drain correctly or stop when its time to drain.
the quicker cycles generally spin at a lower speed. Great let me know how it goes or if you need any advice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cotton cycle seemed to finish before it drained as the clothes were still soaking wet and the inside extremely hot when I opened the door.- I'm now back the same problem ie not being able to do any cycle as each cycle reverts to 0.01 min and wants to drain. Any suggestions ? the machine has never been so boiling hot.
Sounds like it stopped before it got to the rinses. It looks as though you need a replacement drain pump and may also need a circuit board as when the pump goes faulty it can damage the circuit board as well. Would you like me to source a link to the parts for you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no that's fine thanks, I'll have to call someone out for that
No problem
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Gavin
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician