Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Profile Dishwasher Model #: PDT720SGH7WW. Tub is filled…

GE Profile Dishwasher Model...

GE Profile Dishwasher Model #: PDT720SGH7WW

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Tub is filled with water and does not drain. No evidence that the pump is switching on to empty the tub. Normally, when the unit starts the first sound is the gurgling water being pumped out. I do not hear that sound and the water does not depart. I have checked all other problems associated with non draining tub and pump appears to be the issue. Is there a way to check if the pump is the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I can. I installed the unit myself ~ 2 years ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unit has been working fine until I noticed the filled tub yesterday. Have since tried running through 3 additional cycles but each time no sound of pump moving water out and tub remains full.

3/16/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. Yes it sounds like the pump is out but it could also be the control board that’s not sending voltage to it. The only way to tell would be to check the voltage at the pump.
Ray, Home Appliance Technician