Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A SAMSUNG OVERLOAD RELAY IS WORKING OR…

HOW CAN YOU TELL...

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF A SAMSUNG OVERLOAD RELAY IS WORKING OR NOT?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012 RF266AERS/XAA01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already changed the main board and then the invertor board started flashing.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

4 flashes

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is no overload relay with an inverter board. Inverter boards mean that the compressor is a variable speed compressor so there is no need for an overload relay. That being said, if you replaced the inverter board and you still get 4 flashes, your compressor itself has failed and needs to be replaced. There really are no other options.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Do you know of a reasonable rate to having a compressor changed?

Typically the cost is around $650-700 for these variable speed compressors.

Basically, after changing motherboard, inverter board and compressor relay, I need to change the compressor itself. Bot***** *****ne right?

That is correct unfortuantely. The error told you the only possibilities were the compressor or the inverter board so those other things you replaced were really unnecessary.

It's ok. sounds like i"m going to have to pay for a tech to come out to replace compressor or just buy a new fridge. I appreciate your help.thank you

Not a problem, but I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc