Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My breaker switch just flipped - reset it and tried using my…

Hi - My breaker...

Hi - My breaker switch just flipped - reset it and tried using my microwave and is not heating now - had an E 13 message pop up after I used the heat frozen veggies button - Model is SMH9207

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

SMH9207 no first time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the problem

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E13 means that your microwave isn't heating up properly. This is caused by the magnetron failing typically. It could be a bad capacitor or high voltage rectifier, but unless you have an expensive multimeter that can check micro Ferads, there is no way to know for certain. Either way, a magnetron is part number OM75P(10)ESGN and costs about $95. If you have a technician come out to replace the part, that would be another $150 since you must uninstall the entire microwave and remove the outer shell.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc