Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung front loader washer will not release the door lock…

Customer Question
Samsung front loader washer will...
Samsung front loader washer will not release the door lock after completed cycle or sometimes when starting a newload door won't open unless you press the power button many times
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, how are you? Thanks for requesting me again

Have you got the model number of your washer?

Wf42h5200ap/a2
Serial# *****

It's a bit of an odd fault you've got here. Can you tell me more about what happens when you try to start the cycle ie does the door lock itself when you power up or is it already lock?

When washer has not been used between loads and door is shut can not open it to put the clothes in unless you power up several times

Any signs of any water in the drum?

Just damp not any water

OK, once you've got it open and put your washing in do you have any problems starting the cycle?

No starts right up no problem till cycle complete then again can't open the door unless hit the power switch several times

I'm thinking it's most likely a circuit board fault. Leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out and I'll get back to you asap

K will do

Hi, I've been digging around today and come up with 2 possibilities for you.

The first is that there is something obstructing the air in the pressure system. This will be attached to the lower hose that connects the tub to the drain pump take it off and clean it all out. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/DC97-14545F/0026/401.html?modelNumber=WF42H5200AP/A2-0000&categoryName=Residential%20Washers&brandName=SAMSUNG

If that doesn't work its going to need a replacement circuit board i'm sorry which I can't find listed