Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fridge is not cooling. Frezzer is fine. Maybe 6 years.

Customer Question
Hello my fridge is...

Hello my fridge is not cooling. Frezzer is fine

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Maybe 6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IX5HHEXWS02

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
there is frost on back of frezzer
Can is running
Fan

Okay, so that frost is why the refrigerator is not cooling. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There are three parts to the defrost circuit, the control, the thermostat and the heater. One of them has failed. The most likely to have failed, by far, is the control. They have been problematic and the control has been redesigned. You can test the thermostat and heater for continuity but it will require full disassembly of the freezer and removal of the back panel. The thermostat is mounted in the upper right corner of the evaporator coil, the heater below the coil. Both may be tested for continuity. If you are not able to disassemble and test, you can unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours with the doors open to thaw the coil and replace the control. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!