Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung DV48H7400 has a flashing check filter light we…

My Samsung DV48H7400 has...

My Samsung DV48H7400 has a flashing check filter light we cleaned the dryer and the vent from lint but the light still flashes and the dryer clicks like it is going to turn on but the drum doesn't turn

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is two years old. I purchased it in April of 2016 DV48H7400E(G)*

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well my husband but as of right now yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I'm aware of

3/16/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. Try turning the drum by hand clockwise and see if it turn very easy or with a little tension. If it has a little tension that's good, if it's very easy the the belt has broken or came off of the pulley. Let me know how it goes and we can go from there. thanks

Barrel has some tension when you turn it. Check filter light flashes 5 times. Timer starts countdown but drum doesn’t spin.

the control board has shorted out and needs to be replaced. They don't make these machine with and good quality anymore and it's terrible

are you there?

Thanks. We may just replace the whole thing then

To be honest with you, sometimes it's the best thing to do

I hope I was a help to you and if you need anything else I will be here for you. If you don't mind, I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me on here.. thanks and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician