Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am not sure.. I just moved in to a new house and the

I am not sure....

I am not sure.. I just moved in to a new house and the cooling was kept off by the previous owner

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I can give it a try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to know how to turn on the cooling for the refrigerator

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Mfg date: 07-14

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Why do you think it's turned off? Does it have a display? What does the display say?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Maytag
Model Number: MFW2055YEM02
Issue: The outside LED shows cooling off

Awesome. One moment.

There are 6 buttons below the display. Press and hold the 3rd and 4th buttons together for 5 seconds to turn the cooling back on (the 2 middle buttons).

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s still showing cooling off

Press and hold SPEED COOL and MOISTURE CONTROL buttons for 5 seconds together. That's the only way to remove cooling off. If it doesn't remove, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't remove, you need a new front control panel which is about $250. There are no other options.

Hmm, thank you that does help because the service manual is wrong. Press and hold the FREEZER TEMP and FRIDGE TEMP buttons together (the 2 outside buttons) for 5 seconds and that should turn the cooling back on.

That's just a reminder to replace the filter, no big deal. Press and hold the water filter button for 5 seconds to reset the timer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** too. So, how long will it take to cool?

12 hours or so before the refrigerator is down to temperature. The freezer will take 3-4 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. Logging off.

No problem and glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc