Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am not sure.. I just moved in to a new house and the

I am not sure....

I am not sure.. I just moved in to a new house and the cooling was kept off by the previous owner

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I can give it a try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to know how to turn on the cooling for the refrigerator

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Mfg date: 07-14

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Why do you think it's turned off? Does it have a display? What does the display say?

Maytag
Model Number: MFW2055YEM02
Issue: The outside LED shows cooling off

Awesome. One moment.

There are 6 buttons below the display. Press and hold the 3rd and 4th buttons together for 5 seconds to turn the cooling back on (the 2 middle buttons).

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

It’s still showing cooling off

Press and hold SPEED COOL and MOISTURE CONTROL buttons for 5 seconds together. That's the only way to remove cooling off. If it doesn't remove, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't remove, you need a new front control panel which is about $250. There are no other options.

Hmm, thank you that does help because the service manual is wrong. Press and hold the FREEZER TEMP and FRIDGE TEMP buttons together (the 2 outside buttons) for 5 seconds and that should turn the cooling back on.

That's just a reminder to replace the filter, no big deal. Press and hold the water filter button for 5 seconds to reset the timer.

Thanks, ***** ***** too. So, how long will it take to cool?

12 hours or so before the refrigerator is down to temperature. The freezer will take 3-4 hours.

Thank you so much. Logging off.

No problem and glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc