Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I set the bar so ice maker shuts off when cube tray…

Customer Question
How do I set...

How do I set the bar so ice maker shuts off when cube tray full?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidaire FGHS263ipp2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Ice production is controlled by the ice maker’s ON/OFF power switch. To gain access to the ice maker, pull the ice cream shelf out. Press the switch to the “O” position to turn it Off and press it to the “I” position to turn it On. The ice maker also has a built-in wire signal arm, which automatically stops ice production when the ice bin is full. DO NOT use this signal arm to manually stop the ice maker. The arm is raised by the ice as it fills up in the bin it does take a lot of ice in the bin to raise the arm enough to stop ice production so if you are satisfied with the amount of ice in the bin just turn the ice maker off using the on/off button.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I’ve done all that. When ice tray is full the dispersment Shute jams and I have to monitor the mount of ice myself, turning icemake on and off.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

ok well there is no way to set the bar it just hangs there and when the ice pushes up high enough it shuts off the ice maker, if its raising high and not shutting off the ice maker then the ice maker unit itself needs to be replaced, but the way its designed the bin does have to be really really full to shut it off with the arm so if the bin being full is causing the ice chute to jam then something else is going on with the auger or the chute itself because the bin being full should not have any effect on that .

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Service has not solved my proble. Your ad said $5 then I receive a much higher bill. Can't recommend your service.
How do I get my money back?