Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Blumberg dishwasher won't drain. Model #DWT24100AS Dont have…

Customer Question
Blumberg dishwasher won't drain. Model...
Blumberg dishwasher won't drain. Model #DWT24100AS
Dont have instructions for diagnostics.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Gavin, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to JA I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your washing machine question.

Could you just double check the model for me please as it doesn't appear on the system

Just checked. Same as what I sent, I think: DWT24100 ss
Got all the water out by hand. Dishwasher won’t run. Makes noise but does nothing.

Sorry I can't get to the phone at the minute but can chat.

Thanks for checking it was just a digit wrong at the end I've found it now

When the dishwasher should be draining can you hear a humming noise?

Thanks, ***** ***** noise is the drain pump trying to turn to pump the water out so it will most likely be blocked. A good trick to try first is to fill the bottom of the dishwasher with near boiling water up to the height of the filter and leave it for 5 minutes then try to run a quick cycle. The boiling water can help to clear anything blocked in the pump. If that doesn't work you will need to remove the panels of the dishwasher to take the pump off and clean it out. Let me know how you get on with that and if you need any more help