Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can I put Drano in the reservoir at the bottom of my GE

Customer Question
Can I put Drano...

Can I put Drano in the reservoir at the bottom of my GE Monogram dishwasher model no ZBD9900Ro which has standing water and food bits ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 4 years. I gave you the model number but the last number is ***** looks like a square. Serial no Lz700540Y type DW 70.3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fine filter is not getting clean, small bits on the dishes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

NO DO NOT PUT DRANO IN THE DISHWASHER

Drano is way to corrosive to put inside the dishwasher you will damage the pump if you do .

When the unit is in a drain mode do you hear the drain pump running ?

I’m not sure

can you put the unit into a Cancel /Drain mode and listen to see if the drain pump comes on ?

thanks will do

Great!

There is only 2 inches of standing water underneath the fine filter and basket but the silver fine filter is not getting clean

ok the unit will not automatically clean the filters you have to remove them and manually clean the filters.

Do I talk to you on the phone for $24 more ?

Yes the premium service phone call is an additional $24.00

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!