Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fabric softener dispenser quit working and I need it.

My fabric softener dispenser...

My fabric softener dispenser quit working and I need it

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It collects water and doesn’t let it go either

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It quit working about a year after I bought it. It’s not severe, but I really would like to use it

3/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

WTW5640XW3

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And have you removed the fabric softener cups and cleaned them ?

ok what type of fabric softener do you use?

Is it a concentrated type ?

Snuggle

ok if it is Concentrated are you diluting it before you put it in the dispenser?

No, just pour it in

ok the concentrated fabric softener is too thick , the water from the dispenser does not remove it , the incoming water just goes over the top of the fabric softener.

Can you run a load and dilute the fab softener 50/50 with water and see what it does?

I can.

great lets try that and if it still does not dispenser the fab softener let me know please. either way.

Will do, thanks.

ok till then ,thank you!

Woody, I tried diluting my fabric softener and it did not empty the cup

ok so you mean the fabric softener is still in the cup correct?

It was mostly water in the cup along with a little softner

Ok and you have removed the dispenser cup and cleaned them out , so let`s replace the water inlet valve / dispenser housing assembly .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
____> CLICK HERE<______ for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech