Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Bravo XL washer is giving me the LF error after I…

My Maytag Bravo XL...

My Maytag Bravo XL washer is giving me the LF error after I run the Affresh cycle, on any cycle I try. I have unplugged it to allow a reset of the computer (?perhaps) which worked the first time this machine did it last month, but it does not help now. What should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is only maybe 1.5-2 years, not even 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

? I don't know. I can't wash clothes without the washer aorking

3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Mvwb725bwo
Let’s try text

OK so this error you're getting means it's not filling fast enough. The first thing you need to do is see if the error is correct or not. When the error appears. How high is the water inside the tub? Can you see the water level?

No water in the tub. Already checked the supply lines, they appear clear and tight. This was never a problem before running the clean washer cycle with the Affresh
It’s like it is draining as fast as it is filling
Or the drain is stuck oodn
Open

OK so the error is accurate. Is it actually draining as it's filling? Pull the drain hose out and put it in a 5 gallon bucket on top of the washer. Start the cycle and does it drain while it's filling?

I will check

ok

It seems to be putting water in, spinning, but not draining any water out after 7 minutes on the normal cycle. It has done this about 3 times
Yet there is no visible water in the tub
It is putting more water in now and spinning againnow

OK so it's just filling too slow then if it's not draining the water out. If you're sure you have good water pressure going to the washer from your house, your electronic water valve on your washer has just failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the valve you need to order and replace. This is the part on the back of your washer that the water supply hoses connect to.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc