Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a 1000 series front load washer, keep getting F21 for…

Have a 1000 series...

Have a 1000 series front load washer, keep getting F21 for drainage. Have checked and cleared all hoses and they seem fine, could it be the pump?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Let me check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

9000 series with steam, mttw E950 WW01 yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Year 2010?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It is a 9000 Series washer and steam front load, modelMHWE950WW01

F21 means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
ohnyes, F21 keeps coming up we have checked the lines and tubes which are all clean and pressure from water is good
thats it?