Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was wondering if a control panel malfunction can cause the…

Hi! I was wondering...

Hi! I was wondering if a control panel malfunction can cause the over not to reach its set temperature. I’ve already replaced the temperature sensor and the igniters seem to functioning fine.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is. I would like to yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that when I try to calibrate the temp I get an F7 code. Also the timer button doesn’t work well.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It’s a jennair model FCG2040b.

3/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

yes the electronic control is the BRAIN of the unit if something is wrong with it it will effect the oven operation .

Now for the bad news .that electronic control board /clock part number 7601P220-60 is no longer available from the manufacture as a replacement part .

Thanks Woody! Im happy to have an ear on this.That is unfortunate news. Do suspect that control panel is the issue?
I saw this too. https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Panel/7703P53060/928035

not the control panel the control board behind the panel

Oh, those are two separate things then.

the control board is item #9 in this parts break down the control panel is item #6

https://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00017232/680/900

yes two totally different parts.

if that’s likely the issue I’m out of luck then?And we’re sure that’s likely that? The oven panel says I’m at 350 but I’m really at 200.I guess these parts are pretty specific and there isn’t another control board as an option?

here I did find a company that if you remove the control and send it to them they will rebuild it for you .

here is a link to that company with your part number loaded in already .

https://www.appliancetimers.com/detail/Range/brand-Maytag/model-7601P220-60/5880

no if there was a replacement any appliance parts dealer would show that .

I see.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Sounds good Woody! Thanks so much
Where’s the rating section?

you should see a rating box just click on the box and it will open a new window for the rating page so you can than rate me .

Master Tech