Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can’t open door it’s licked. Making a running sound plugged…

Customer Question
Can’t open door it’s...

Can’t open door it’s licked. Making a running sound plugged in

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

15 minutes. Trying to unlock door

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Found washer with sound but can’t unlock doir Yes myself

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Duet direct drive whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It’s a friends I’m usubg to do my wash

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And can you tell where this humming sound is coming from ?

And how old is this unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wfw 95hedw
Not sure how old im on vacation using a neighborsNot sure about sound
Seems like stuck between cycles maybe

ok can you see the inner basket moving at all while it is humming ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Door lock light is flashingLower front left msybe for sound
Clothes do not look wet

And where you using HE type detergent in the washer when this happened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No nothing is moving
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No on tppe of detergent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just want to get door ooen to get clothes out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Anyone listening to me?

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

ok let`s try unplugging the unit for 5 minutes and see if the unit will reboot the control board and unlock the door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s been unplugged for over 30 minutes
It did not reboot
Tried that
Tried breaker box
No change

And you HAVE to use HE type detergent in this model .

none He brands will suds up too much and cause the drain pump to kick in on a flood mode , and the unit tries to drain all the water and detergent out of it .

ok so if it did not reboot ,have you left it run (humming) for over 10 minutes ?

The flood mode runs the drain pump for 10 minutes then turns off .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
googled it and found solution
Bye

And what was the solution you found?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Error codes now flashing
E01. F08
What is meaning?

NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR WATER LEVEL SENSOR TRIP NOT DETECTED.

The washer does not detect water input after 12 minutes of filling.

Possible Causes

• Is water supply connected and turned on?

• Check for blocked or kinked inlet hoses.

• Low water pressure or blocked hose screens.

• Check for proper drain hose installation. Is water siphoning out of the drain hose? Drain hose must not be more than 4.5" (114 mm) into drain pipe.

Make sure drain hose is not sealed into drain pipe, and that

• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor

and the WRONG detergent can also cause this .

Because it creates suds and confuses the water pressure switch .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Code
C00

that is NOT an error code that is just the first phase of the quick diagnostics test .

in the c00 it should,, Door lock motor is actuated. Door unlocks, and then locks again. Pump is activated for 15 seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok dial was set to HOT. NO HOT WATER AVAILABLE
it’s working now

what do you mean no hot water available?

Do you mean the washer is not hooked up to hot water?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not hooked up yo hot watet
Somehow defaulted
We DONT USE HOT WATER
so problem solved
Back in action
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do i cancel this service i had to sign up for with my credit card?

to cancel you would need to contact the website administration department.

Master Tech
Master Tech