Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Neptune washer start making a loud noise like a

Maytag Neptune washer start...

Maytag Neptune washer start making a loud noise like a bearing go out

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 3 years old and model MAH5500BWW Serial # 71769102ZM

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is an easy fix I can do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It still works with no problem but it is very loud

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thank you

ok this unit was manufactures in June of 2001 so it is older then 3 years old .

And most likely it is a rear bearing .

These maytag Neptune where well known for that .

How mechanical are you? to repair this the entire unit will need to be disassembled .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am mechanical but may not have the time. Would it be cheaper to buy a new machine than to have a repairmen come out and fix it?

To have a service company come out and replace the outer rear tub will run you well over $500.00 and possibly closer to $800.00

Yes With the age of the unit I would just buy a new washer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK that is what I was thinking. Do you have an opinion of what model to buy? I know that is not a repair question but you hear and see problems with the different machines.

Whirlpool or Frigidaire/ Electrolux are good brands .

Master Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you and have a great day

You too and have a safe weekend .

Master Tech
Master Tech