Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fridge and freezer are warming up then cooling off in a…

My fridge and freezer...

My fridge and freezer are warming up then cooling off in a cycle. The freezer will get about 31 degrees and the fridge will climb to 50

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Jenn-air jfc2089hpy2 and is is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Im not sure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the freezer is warming up, do you hear anything running or is the unit 100% silent?

I believe it is all quiet

If it's silent then it's either sticking in defrost or the unit thinks both sections are down to temperature. Either way, the only thing that can cause that is the main control board back behind the refrigerator down by the compressor. The part number is ***** but the board is no longer made so if you can't find a replacement, you'd need to send the board into a place like Core Centric Solutions to have it refurbished. It typically costs about $175 or so and takes about a week to get the board back.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you for all your help. Although it is not the answers I had hoped... You still get 5 stars