Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The locked light is on in my maytag washer. It won't start…

Customer Question
The locked light is...

The locked light is on in my maytag washer. It won't start or do anything.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry it is a whirlpool, my mistake.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Idk.. if it is fixable.. I just bought the washer a couple months go, I guess it was last year's model.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My grand sons washed a large load of clothes and I heard it banging around in the laundry room.. they don't know how to load the washer, i guess.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.
And just inside the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

WTW5000DW1
C731 40526

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And is the lid actually locked at this time?

we checked the leveling procedures.
No the lid is not locked, but the locked light is on and it won't start.

Ok good info !

When the unit was banging around it broke the lid switch , so the lid switch is telling the control board that the lid is locked when it is not .

So you will need to replace the lid lock switch assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

And here is a video showing how to replace a lid switch .

The video is not your model or part number but the lis switch is mounted in the same spot as your unit .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKxD0oFM85I

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!