Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer model WRB329LFBM00 it is 3…

I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Fridge/Freezer model WRB329LFBM00 it is 3 years old. It is leaking water from the base. We have cleaned the dust out from the coils near the floor and from the vent in the lower back. Thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years -- model Number according to sticker on the fridge -- WRB329LFBM00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Have you pulled the unit out away from the wall and removed the rear inspection cover to look under the unit to try and see where the water is coming from?

And if not are you able to do that at this time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
removing cover now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no visible water in the back. Have vacuumed out the dust in that area

Ok do you see any water in the drip pan? normally it is on the right hand side looking at the unit from the rear!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
drip pan appears to be on the left side? All the area in the back is dry -- very dry

And let`s call for chilled water and move the ice cubes around in the ice storage container to cycle the ice maker to see if any of the water lines may be leaking .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no ice maker -- no water supply -- just a regular fridge with freezer drawer on the bottom

ok so the water has to be coming from the unit when it defrosts ,so I would put the cover back on and push it back and the next time you see the water try to pull the unit out and investigate as to where the water is coming from , it will have to be the drip pan leaking or the drain line not allowing the water to drip into the pan .

And let me know what you find .

Master Tech
Master Tech
Master Tech