Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a top loading Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer…

We have a top...

We have a top loading Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer is model WTW6800WW1 and is leaking some water when used, especially if it is a heavy load. Should we have a Whirlpool technician look at it or a regular plumber? Allen Kepchar at***@******.***

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I cannot find the receipt, but it is at least 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

O I do not think I am capable since I have problems bending down.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washer and dryer work ell other than the water leak.

3/15/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool washer. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Can you tell me where the leak is appearing around the washer?

Form the bottom, we see water on the tiles under the washer.

Ok, as long as the leak is not coming from the valve at the wall, it is likely coming from a leaky bearing. Thus you will need a technician rather than a plumber. You don't necessarily need a Whirlpool technician. Just about any local appliance repair shop can work on this machine.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Thanks

You're welcome. Have a great day.

Engineer-Tech