Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch Maxx front loader washing machine sticks on 60

My Bosch Maxx front...

My Bosch Maxx front loader washing machine sticks on 60 degrees. What is the problem. This machine is about 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The machine is approximately ten years old. I can't find any numbers on it. Only Bosch Maxx front loader

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If that is possible. I might need a technician depending on what the trouble is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. Maybe the machine got damp inside being in an area that gets damp. Also the rubber seal has a gap in it and it leaks. This is a seperate problem

3/15/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you run the washer on a rinse only cycle does this work and complete ok?

Thankyou Daniel, This morning I had to run the machine on 60 because it was stuck. Next load will run on any setting. The second load is running on 40. I won't be able to run it on rinse only as you subjected until it sticks again. Could try tomorrow.
Will get back to you when I've tried it.

No worries.

The only reason i ask is when you get this kind of fault were it sticks on a hot wash its a heater fault. As the heater fails and because it cannot heat to the correct temperture its set to then it doesnt carry on.

So try a rinse only and see how it goes and if this works fine then its looking like the wash heater heater at fault here. For this you will need to access the heater and test it with a test meter and see if faulty. If so then you need to replace the heater from there and that should sort it.

Hi Daniel, Thankyou for your help. I have just bought another Bosch so the problem doesn't matter any more.
Diana

No worries, Thanks for letting me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician