Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore elite 79572053110 will not cool, replaced the main…

Kenmore elite***********will not cool...

Kenmore elite***********will not cool, replaced the main control board and still have the same problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I sent you the model number, do you need the serial number, fridge is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Professional suggested i replace main control board but that did not fix the problem

3/15/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Now is the compressor in the back running? What about the evaporator fan in the freezer?

compressor is running, evap fan is freezer is running

what about the fan next to the compressor?

not right now

and is the compressor running hot or warm?

fan next to compressor is running, compressor is hot
are you still there?
Hello

ok if the compressor is running hot and the fan is running next to it that only leaves a Freon leak with the compressor. This will require a tech coming out to fix the issue.

K​eep in mind this is going to cost a bit of money replacing the compressor and having it charged has to be done by a licensed professional for safety reasons.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
thanks