Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE profile electric range and the door keeps

I have a GE...

I have a GE profile electric range and the door keeps locking and unlocking and making a clicking noise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Jb910sl6ss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We were just given the range by a friend

The stove top works but the oven will not turn on
Locked keeps blinking on the display
3/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The range continues to lock and unlock because it thinks that the latch isn't in the right position. There are switches on the latch and one of them has failed. This latch will need to be ordered and replaced and it has been re-designed so below is a link to the latch you'll need for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you for your help. I will get the part ordered.