Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Whirlpool clothes dryer is overheating and we are

Customer Question
Our Whirlpool clothes dryer...

Our Whirlpool clothes dryer is overheating and we are getting a F-70 code. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a 2010 YWED945OWL1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have checked the vent and the filter. They seem fine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The F70 is a control failure and the overheating would also support its failure. Access is gained by removing the screws from the rear edge of the top panel and sliding the top back and lifting it off. The control is mounted above the drum on the left. All connections simply unplug and plug in. Be sure to unplug the dryer before removing the top.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician