Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool front loading washer: Model #WFW9151YW00. We can…

Customer Question
Whirlpool front loading washer: Model...
Whirlpool front loading washer: Model #WFW9151YW00. We can only use on normal cycle & we get leakage from the door. When we use on any other cycle the unit floods the floor underneath. Please advise
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Open the door and stretch the rubber door gasket in all directions all the way around the gasket. Do you see any holes or tears inside?

Shoot I stepped out but I can try later, anything else I should check for?

The most likely to be leaking is that rubber door boot. However, if you remove the lower access panel from below the door, you can watch as it runs to see if the tub gasket between the tub halves is leaking. Those are the two most common leak points. Let me know what you find! :)

Ok, but what about only being able to run on normal cycle? The other is just like a drip every 3 seconds, any other cycles it floods out the bottom over the course of the cycle.

The water level should not change between cycle selections. Does it seem to overfill and come up higher than the bottom of the rubber seal if you look through the door?

How do we pick up from where we left off, I'll be back with the unit in a couple hrs. Also this unit is in my wife's salon & they do primarily towel's, I have to clean the pump lint filter every 2-3 months, could this be a problem?

Sure, if it is plugged it can cause leaking but usually you will see an error code before that. I suspect you will find a hole in the door boot. The easiest way back is to follow a link from your email.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Sorry, been extremely busy, I checked the machine and the door boot does have a tear in it! Do you have a part # ?
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

The part is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!