Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE profile refrigerator side by side with bottom…

Hi folks.. I have a...
Hi folks.. I have a GE profile refrigerator side by side with bottom freezer. Model PFSS6PKXASS. This morning all the lights on the digital display started flashing - temperatures, warning lights, etc. As well, when I open the door of the refrigerator, the inside light flashes on and off. I can't tell yet if the refrigerator and freezer are working but I don't hear it going on. I tried unplugging for a minute - no change. I also tried adjusting temperature but panel will not respond - just keeps flashing. Please assist on reset/repair.
3/14/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unplug the unit or kill power to it at the breaker for 10 minutes, restore power and if it does not reset back to normal function then the main board on the back of the refrigerator has failed and will have to be replaced:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X10856 - click here for part info at sears

The main board is located on the back of the refrigerator behind the control board cover panel, see image below for location:

click here for image

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks, ***** ***** am trying your first suggestion.

You are welcome and if that does not reset it then the board I specified will need to be replaced to repair it.

Joel Swenson
Thank you Joel. No luck with the power down/up so I have contacted our home warranty service for a repair. You have given me confidence that I am not wasting money on a service call if there was a simpler solution. Worth the fee for your advice. Cheers! John

Thank you for the rating, sorry the reset did not solve the problem but no it will not be wasted money using the home warranty, have a good evening!