Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our whirlpool oven has a symbol that shows lock and we want…

Customer Question
Our whirlpool oven has...

Our whirlpool oven has a symbol that shows lock and we want to unlock it. How do we do that?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2 year old unable find model number or locate manuel

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, should be able to push a button to turn lock indicator off

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How to turn off the lock will vary depending on your model. I will give you one way and if it does not work I will need the model number. Press and hold the "3" button on the keypad for five seconds until the padlock icon disappears.

Do you have an update on your oven? Do you still need help?

Dave