Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The upper spray arm on kitchenaid dishwasher model #

The upper spray arm...

The upper spray arm on kitchenaid dishwasher model # KUDM24SEBL1 is not turning. what might be wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwaher was installed 0n 6-24-1997 and has been used very little over the years. MODEL #KUDM24SE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

As for the top arm not turning, clean all the holes in the top arm with a toothpick. If the holes are clogged, it'll stop the arm from turning properly. Other than that, if the arms turn properly, you need to order and replace the impeller seal kit because it's not producing enough pressure to cause the top arm to spray (bottom arm is easier since the water doesn't need to go as far). Either way, below is a link to the kit you need to order with a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for seal and impeller kit

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you Tyler, very helpful. 5 star