Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a splendid washer/dryer combo model 2100xc. Unable to…

Customer Question
Have a splendid washer/dryer...

Have a splendid washer/dryer combo model 2100xc. Unable to start, push on and light show but doesn't start up

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Splendid model 2100xc about 10 yrs ols

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its a rv washer & since buying it never worked. Have in a basement now and not hooked up to any water

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you press the start button to try and start it does the door actually lock so you cannot open it?

Are you getting any flashing lights from the washer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no flashing lights and door doesn't lock - only way to open door is to pull the red lever

Ok if the door isnt locking and its not starting then its possibley the door lock at fault here.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself you need to make sure the power is off to the washer and remove the top panel.

From there you need to open the door and you will see the 2 screws holding the door lock on.

Remove these and then you can pull the door lock up from the inside.

There you will see the wiring block to the lock. Inspect this and see if theres signs of burning on the wiring as these can burn out.

If so then the lock will need to be replaced and the wiring repaired.

But if the wiring is fine then its possibley just the door lock itself which you need to replace and that should sort the fault from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
door is now working but washer not starting does the water need to be hooked up? lights that I push light up but no tub rotation or any movement
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there

Yes water will need to be connected for it to work on wash.

But if you try a spin only cycle the pump should run and the drum turn on this setting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the dry cycle drum isn't working
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
waiting

Ok if the doors locked and its started but the drum isnt turning then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do if you can is pull the washer out and unplug it.

From there you need to lean the washer backwards against a wall and have some one hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes. You need to remove these and see if they have worn.

If they have then you need to replace them and then fingers crossed this will cure the fault from there for you.

Check that if you can and see what you find and let me know.

Also when you reply back i do see your reply, Im just not that fast at typing so please given me a bit more time to type the replys out for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK will try all this and if it works then great & if not will get online again

No worries, Just let me know how it goes.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page and that will close the question from there.

Many thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found a broken wire on the door lock replaced it now when I turn it on it clicks through 4 times then I have to turn it off and turn it back on but the door isn't locked and I assume it will lock if the washer starts. Next I will turn it over and check the brushes on the motor

Ok if the door isnt locking then its a good chance the door lock is the fault.

But as you are checking the brushes first just see what you find on there. If the brushes are fine and the door isnt locking then its quite possible the door lock is the fault here.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician