Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need the front stainless steel door assembly part

Customer Question
I need the front...

I need the front stainless steel door assembly part #wb55x10637 for the zsc2001fss01. Dropped and broke while trying to reach handle. Nol longer made by GE Will buy entire door part #wb56x10403 for panel but can't fing that either.. Would love to have Kelly's if she still has it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #zsc2001fss01 Same as the one in the posted conversation that someone was replacing the door. I just need the part or the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would just take the panel off another door and put on my existing door. The old one fell off when I loosened 2 screws trying to access the handle to tighten. I can't find glass assembly or the door. Can you do a search to find.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You have the model # and both part numbers. Can you search to find either of them..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. I looked high and low on different websites and no one has it, they all have it as a discontinued part. I wish I was able to help you out more. Sorry
That’s what I found. I saw a post where someone named Kelly asked how to replace that exact door. Thought you might have some way to reach out to your readers to see if anyone has one.
I was already charged $28 for this. Now being billed again.
Im sorry about that. You could order the door by the pieces but it’s going to be very expensive and some part of it is discontinued also
That’s why I asked if you could reach out to your customer base to see if anyone had that part. I don’t need the whole door. Just the glass assembly which only comet in one piece.
The inner or outer glass you need?
The outer glass with stainless panel. It comes as one piece assembly. Glass glued to stainless. I listed the part numbers earlier.
What did you look for. I asked for a phone call. Is that possible
I’m on my iPhone app It didn’t show a call needed
Again I need the outer glass assembly. I’ll take the whole door if necessary to get that part. I already know it is not made anymore. I asked if your company can reach out to your readers to find one. I have not gotten an answer to that.

okay that sounds great

Meaning you have a way to do that

oh. I'm sorry, I misread that. I really don't know how to do that or if they can.. you may be able to call them to ask them about that.

What’s their number

1-***-***-**** that's their customer service number. I truly hope they can help you.. If you need anything I'll be here.. Thanks