Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a RCA apartment washer Mod RTW250 w/ a code E 6 and…

Customer Question
Have a RCA apartment...

Have a RCA apartment washer Mod RTW250 w/ a code E 6 and locked lid that will not operate. How do you reset to operate?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The machine is a Model RCA RTW250 and is less than a year old. Purchased from Walmart.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, trying to help a neighbor, 68 yr old lady w/little funds to heir a repair person.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a retired mechanical engineer w/tools

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

the number of RTW250 is not being recognized as a good model number.

And have you tried to reboot the unit by unplugging it for 5 minutes then plugging it back in to see if then it will run ?

If not let`s do that at this time.

Have tried unplugging and replugging; with no success. That is the only number. It is a purchase from Walmart; I've seen the model on the internet. I'm getting this info from an elderly lady; I'm not at the location.

when you unplugged it was it unplugged for 5 minutes or more ?

That is the ONLY way it will reboot anything less and it will not reboot.

had unplugged for much longer than 5 min.

And it say RCA on it ?

I ask because RCA has not been in business for years .

RCA used to be GE could it be a GE brand ?

I saw this unit in the Walmart enternet catalogue yesterday.

I too am looking but find no RCA brand units.

Do you see a GE? Do you see a RPW250?

ok I found a model number of RPW 250 but not a RTW250

That is what the unit looks like. The one w/push buttons for controls. I'm not at the location of the unit but have seen what it looks like.

ok I can not find any literature ,not even a use and care booklet online .

and none of the 5 largest Appliance parts dealers even show it as a god part number , if I didn`t know better ,I would say the unit has no replaceable parts , the manufacture is considering it as a disposable unit .

I don't know what I'm to do now per the customer care person talking about more tech's info.

so are you talking to RCA Customer care ? and Me also !

No, I don't have info on how to contact RCA's customer care.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model number is ***** and the E6 error means the door latch has failed. You can try unplugging it for a few hours to reset but the latch is likely faulty. This model is imported and sold as a replacement only machine. If you purchased at Walmart, they will likely exchange it if less than a year old.