Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker on my kitchen aid fridge quit working HELP.

The ice maker on...

The ice maker on my kitchen aid fridge quit working HELP

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hang on let me look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model 22EWM169

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The filter replacement notice came up and i cleared it and plan to get a new one today

3/14/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And 22EWM169 is NOT a Kitchen -Aid model number

KBFS22EWM169

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

also the wire on the icemaker will not move up and down i dont want to force it

Ok if you open the freezer door and feel in the top of the icemaker cube cavities do you feel any ice or water in the cube cavities at this time?

nope empty

ok So that is most likely an issue with the water inlet valve mounted on the rear exterior of the unit .

And this is a dual water inlet valve .

One side for the chilled water and the other side for the icemaker .

The chilled water can still be working fine and the ice maker side be bad . but the entire assembly has to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

thanks, ***** ***** it out

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Master Tech