Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water cooler no longer dispenses cold water. The hot

My water cooler no...

My water cooler no longer dispenses cold water. The hot water is fine. The lights on the front of the unit are on for the unit, hot and cold. The compressor unit will run for a few moments then stop. I could not see a reset button and I have unplugged the unit letting it set for up to an hour. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If the repairs are simple yes if not no. I have had the un it for approximately 10 years, maybe it needs to be replaced. The cost when I purchased the unit was around $200.00.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing else I can think of.

3/14/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And there is NO reset button!

GXCF05DLGR

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

If repairing this unit requires you needing to walk me though a lengthy process, no. If there is not a way to reset I’ll just go buy another unit.

This unit is deigned by the manufacturer as a disposable unit meaning the manufacturer does not even offer replacement parts .

So yes your best bet is to just purchase a new one .

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech