Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge profile microwave won't heat nor turn the glass tray.

Customer Question
Second opinion] ge profile...

Second opinion] ge profile microwave won't heat nor turn the glass tray

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Manufactured in 2012 but not sure when installed as we boughtth ehouse in 2015 and it was already installed

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just stopped while cooking bacon. I have seen this happen in older microwaves that get very hot cooking bacon

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

From youtube I was able to remove the door switch, VOM shows switch is bad or at least intermittent, ordered new switch via Amazon but will take a week to get here

ok and did you make sure that you ordered the correct door switch ?

I ask because most microwaves have three door switches

my GE has two and the switch I ordered says it is for my model and looks like the one I just removed

ok they will look the same just the internal contacts are different .

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?