Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm getting an error code on my dishwasher. I don't know…

I'm getting an error...

I'm getting an error code on my dishwasher. I don't know what to do

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Model number MDB8959FSZ4. I'm not sure of the make, and I have no idea how to run a diagnostic test cycle. :-(

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just had to replace the water intake line because a mouse chewed through it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What error code are you getting on your dishwasher exactly?

It's a little red light in the upper left hand corner of the display. I can't make it out clearly but hubby says it's an error code.

OK that means your control lock is engaged. Press and hold the Sanitize button for 5 seconds and that should reset the lock. If not, you'll need to order and replace the control board inside the door because it has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
It's working again! Thank you, ***** ***** thank you! You just saved me from going bat crap crazy and probably burning the house down and running away from home!