Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

My friend has a front load Maytag Neptune was her. Yesterday

My friend has a front load Maytag Neptune was her. Yesterday they moved the washer from downstairs to upstairs. He connected the water lines upstairs and started the washer. They get NF error. The water runs into the tub and it runs right back out. He had not bled the new water lines prior to connection. We ar3 thinking he may have an air lock interfering with the sensors. Any suggestions on how to correct this. Washer worked perfectly before moving it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 10 years old. It does not have the delicate button to push to try to get it into service mode
JA: What can I say?
Customer: Am gonna get the madel number
JA: What can I say?
Customer: MAH5500BWW is the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that Ican think of. This is how it happened. Thanks for any thoughts you may have

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your washer . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers. Also note that you may receive a phone call offer from Just Answer. That is automatically sent by the website and not from the expert.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok will wait your response

Whenever you have water that drains at the same time the washer fills - that means that the water is siphoning. You will need to make sure the drain line is looped higher than the tub and then set into a pipe so that the outlet of the drain line is also no lower than the lower half of the tub. In short, the water has to go up before going down - if this is the case, it will not siphon out.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He had the drain hose down below the machine. He is going to raise it and problem should resolve. Thanks. Gonna give it a try.

That will take care of it. Thanks!