Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE ref model 3 TFX27PFXB WW it leaks water on the…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE ref model 3 TFX27PFXB WW it leaks water on the floor almost daily and the water ice maker are not connected

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased it around 1996

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I thing the freezer side is to full and need completely cleaned out to see if the drain hole in the bottom is clear , wife don't think had way sorry Pearl

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

This is normally an issue where the condensate drain pan under the unit is either overflowing or it has a crack and it is leaking out verses being evaporated .

Can you pull the unit out away from the wall and get behind it and remove the lower inspection cover to be able to see up under it ?

ok good place to start, wife willn't let me do it today may this weekend I think I will also try to clean out the freezer too.

ok The drip pan is made of plastic and they have a tendency to crack from the hat under the unit .

I looked up the pan but it is shown as no longer available .

So if it is cracked you will need to tape it up so it does not leak ,

After 7 years by law appliance manufacturers no longer have to supply replacement parts for a model .

The pan part number was WR32X1427

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?