Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to find the problem I have with Maytag washer.

Hi I am trying...

Hi I am trying to find the problem I have with Maytag washer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure if it is just software reset issue or need replacement part

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its bought in 2015 - Centennial commercial tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So, when the wash cycle runs - it stops after spin cycle and do not advance to done indicator

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a full model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

I am away from washer at this time
Washer unlocks the lid after cycle but indicator stays on spin.

OK I can't look up the part you need then however but I can tell you that this can only be caused from the main control board inside your control panel. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the washer will reset. If that doesn't work, try to do a manual reset. Here is the reset sequence:

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off if the lid lock light is flashing that is OK)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “b” through “g” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one full rotation and the control panel should beep.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

g. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. And all the LEDs should light up or flash if you did it correctly. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

All the lights turn on again or flash, now press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to reset the board. After that, unplug the washer for 60 seconds and plug it back in to exit diagnostics and you can try the washer again. If it still won't work, you need to replace the main control board inside your control panel.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I have done the manual reset but did not help. Will try again the steps you outlined.
Do you want me to reach out to you once I get to washer to get model # ?

If you'd like for me to look up the control board for you you can reply back with the model number if you'd like---other than that there isn't much more I can do.

ok, I will get model #,
thanks

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc