Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE microwave that stopped working. I checked the…

Thanks, ***** ***** a...

Thanks, ***** ***** a GE microwave that stopped working. I checked the fuses and they are ok. We heard an audible pop and then the microwave went dark

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 18 months old, over the stove model with digital display. I don't have the exact model on hand purchased at Lowes, pretty simple one. I can run and get the model specifics

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I already removed the access covers to expose the thermal fuse, which passed continuity. Also checked the line fuse for continuity which passed I didn't see any burn spots on the back of the master control board

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

And the outlet is still fully functional... tested

Model is: jnm7196sk1ss
3/14/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. Either the noise filter board that the fuses are on shorted or the main board did. It won’t show a burned spot and it’s rare that it does. You can check the voltage coming out of the filter board and if no 120 v then it bad. If it’s ok then it’s the main
the noise filter board is the one with the line fuses installed on the top right of the Microwave when facing it?
That’s it :)
Thanks, I'll test I for a short. Hopefully the problem is here instead of the main.
That would be cheaper. I hope I was helpful to you. If you don’t mind, I would deeply appreciate it if you would rate me. Good luck to you and take care. Thanks, ray
Ray, Home Appliance Technician