Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

U answered one question recently. I have another. I just…

U answered one question...

U answered one question recently. I have another. I just replaced the burnt motherboard. Everything working except freezer lights and ice maker. Ice maker not filling with water, auger not working. I suspect this is what blew the motherboard. What do I need to replace now.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Yes GE PSI23NGTCCV, frrezer is working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I just replaced the mother board

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

TY

It sounds like your freezer door switch has failed which stops the icemaker, the water, the ice auger and lights from working if the unit thinks the door isn't closing. I would replace the freezer door switch if you already replaced the control board because the only possibilities would be the freeze door switch or the control board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Okay TY, I'll try that. If it doesn't work. Would that have anything to do with the mother board being fried?

If the door switch thinks the door is both opened and closed, it can create a direct short so that is possible to fry the mother board, but with a burn mark on the board, it might be the other way around as well.

okay TY

No problem and good luck! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc