Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The box on wall is for a range. can i use a range cord for…

the box on wall is...
the box on wall is for a range. can i use a range cord for my dryer?
3/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The outlets are shaped differently for a range as opposed to a dryer so you must get a dryer power cord.

Unless you're sure the outlet is for a range in which case you can use a range power cord.

That's a dryer outlet. You need a 3 prong dryer cord. You can't use a range cord for that outlet.

which cord do i need? left or right
from pic of cords

The right cord on the picture. The one with 3 flat prongs

great thank you if i would plug in dryer cord to outlet could i attach a 4 prong outlet to the dryer cord?

You can not unfortunately.

i am a appliance collector and am trying to creat a an outlet to test appliances using this dryer outlet as my base. any ideas?

You can just put the 3 prong dryer cord on all the different appliances (whether it's a dryer or range), and as long as you don't turn everything on at once on the range causing it to draw over 30 amps you should be fine.

great thank you again for your assistance

No problem and good luck! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc